Formula or macro question stackoverflow

Recent Questions - Web Applications Stack Exchange

I am creating a spreadsheet in google sheets. I am doing this to help track a budget for myself and track other participants spending in a auction based fantasy football draft. Each team is allocated 400 to spend of the draft on various positions. This is my current spreadsheet...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HtjnRanBGR_8iY3L9hhnXE16y0wGFlhJBgQgSN17Df0/edit?usp=sharing

two issues I am having are 1. On Sheet1 Row 2 is my team, this is the main row the one I need to have max tracking for, A2 is my Team Name, B2 is our allocated budget for the draft(each team gets 400 dollars to spend) C2 represents each position available to draft (in our case, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex position, 1 K, 1 Def, 2 Def players, and 6 Bench spots) D2 represents my min/max budget for selected position (example if QB is selected from the drop down my min budget is 10 and my max budget is 87) finally E2 is my final purchase price (when I draft a player I will put in what I spent, this will subtract from B2, and also adjust my budget on Sheet2) My first problem is, I would like to be able to, when I add a purchased number to E2 and it subtracts from B2, and then change position from C2, the number first entered stores it self, while clearing E2 so I can add a new number, and it continually subtracting from B2 (Example...C2 is set to QB, I purchase in draft a QB at 70 Dollars. I put 70 in E2...that in turn drops my B2 cell to 330 available. Now I switch C2 to WR1, at this point I would like the 70 to stay with the QB drop down, but clear E2, I purchase a WR at 30, I put 30 into E2, B2 now adjust to 300.)

Second problem is, when I enter a purchase price into E2, that number adjust my budget for other positions listed on Sheet2. This idea is working well...only problem is it adjust that budget when I enter something in E3-E14, which I don't want. Rows 3-14 are only for my personal tracking so I know how much other players have spent. Sheet2 is my own budget for my own team, I don't really care what other people budget, just what they are spending. (Example: When entering a purchase price in E2, with QB selected in C2, the number in E2, tracks back to Sheet2 and gives me new Min/Max budget for each position in the D column. Say next Row 3 on sheet1 selects a RB, when I put their purchase price in E3...I just want it to subtract for B3 and not have any effect to the numbers on Sheet2)

Sorry this is a long post, but I have worked and worked on this and can't seem to find a solution, and help and advice would be wonderful.


Recent Questions - Web Applications Stack Exchange Recent Questions - Web Applications Stack Exchange by Andrew Whitmoyer via Recent Questions - Web Applications Stack Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment