February 27, 2022 at 01:28AM : Need help reverse engineering old 16bit Windows application\1997 Bosch COM 607 Binary

Hello all !

I want to create an aplication for change start up logo on old phone EEPROM (1997 Bosch COM 607).

I do know is a very old phone but it can serve as good start for retro modding knowledge because supposably is simpler because of age.

So, I did spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to disassamble the .BIN EEPROM file using IDA Pro and Ghidra with no real success.

I managed to find out that this phone is using Siemens C166 processor.
In IDA Pro I managed to disassemble the file but I cannot find the entry point for correctly disassamble the file.

Second, I tried to open as binary and try to locate the logo area by selecting small chunks of binary and convert in 1bit image, with no luck.

I tried using HEX converter to see the instruction calls from processor c166 with adresses but I cannot find the correct encoding..

I also have an old 16bit Windows app (Bosch-G Logo graphics viewer) which you can view the current logo inside the EEPROM but can not make any changes except invert colors..

For the sake of good old GSM times..can somebody help me identify the correct addresses and how to modify this file ?

Many thanks !

I attached to EEPROM binary for Bosch COM 607 (remove .TXT from name - forum limitation)

Attached Files
File Type: txt B607.BIN.TXT (4.0 KB)

by n4spd via GSM-Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment